viernes, 11 de diciembre de 2015

X-Men Apocalypse Trailer Recap/Review

 
Yes, we are going on a mission

So the first wide-release tráiler for X-men: Apocalypse is out and I have a couple of thoughts about it. First of all the trailer does not look bad and it was good to see Cyclops, Beast, Angel and Jean in it. I hope that they have Ice-Man in it so that we can have the entire original team. We also saw Storm, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Magneto, Havok, Quicksilver and a very bald Professor Xavier which made me just say “finally!” I think that will be his look at the end of the movie, and that shot that you see may be the end of it.

Go-go Power Rangers
They also made sure not to give us too many shots of Apocalypse and not a single shot was from an angle like the one in the picture that made him look like a Power Rangers villain. There is also a scene where you see Apocalypse grow in size which is one of his iconic powers, but I am not sure how that will look in the big screen. Officially I am still not down with the look of the character, but that has the potential of being a good thing because it lowers expectations. You can have a bad looking character that is also awesome at the same time. His voice is not menacing, but until I see the movie I cannot tell you if that will matter as much.

The next thing I will bitch about, because that is what I do better, is the fact that they cast Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. Don’t get me wrong, she is an awesome actress. I think Jennifer Lawrence is the best young actress in Hollywood at this time and that is the problem that I have with the casting. They must feel that because it is such a huge name and an amazing talent that you are dealing with that they have to make her good. I would rather see her being evil and in Apocalypse’s side and I know that Lawrence can pull it off and she would be great at it, but they won’t do it because she HAS TO be a hero.

"And Emo Kid, go write a song"
The one thing that people say about this movie that I am not too concerned about is that there are a ton of characters. As I said before in the list of people that we saw, there are plenty of characters is true, but we don’t know how they will be used. We know that Magneto, Angel, Psylocke and Storm are going to be the 4 horsemen and we know that some of the mutants will go on the mission to stop Apocalypse which is fine because the X-Men are a team. We know that Quicksilver, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Beast, Nightcrawler, Mystique, and Charles are going to be fighting, but we don’t know what role Havok, Jubilee and Wolverine will have.

Now on to the positives, I think the movie looks good for what they are trying to do. I am pretty sure that we will get a great movie because this is the one Fox property that they have started doing right. Fox may have no idea what in the hell they are doing with Fantastic Four, but as long as Bryan Singer is involved with X-Men, they are in safe hands. I like the casting choices for this movie (minus Mystique and Beast), because they seem right for the role. The stakes look really big which I like and the villain despite the look and sound of him, will be the biggest threat that the X-Men have faced on film.


I cannot wait to see this movie. You can bet that we will be there on the day it is out and I do not mind that I will be there probably at 10 AM to the matinee show. The movie looks like it will be great on IMAX too.


That look you get when you are watching someone sleep and they wake up




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario