martes, 1 de marzo de 2016

The Sound of Music Live Movie Review

Before we start it is important to say that we are reviewing the Sound of Music movie that was released in 2013 starring Carrie Underwood and not the original 1965 version. I have to confess that this is the first time that I see the play in any capacity. I had not seen the original movie, nor had I seen in on stage. That should give me a little advantage when reviewing the movie because I have nothing to compare it to.

The first thing that I have to say is that everyone in the musical has a voice that belongs on the stage. I was not disappointed at all by any of the vocals. I was especially happy with Carrie Underwood which proved that her voice is made for this type of music more than it is for country music. She has the pipes and she definitely uses them in this movie. Also loved Audra McDonald as Mother Abbess and Stephen Moyer as Captain Von Trapp, and of course the kids.

Now, singing is one thing and acting is something completely different. Everyone in the movie was great, but you can tell that Underwood simply is not an actress. That does not mean that she cannot get there as there were some great moments for her in the Sound of Music, but from time to time we were reminded that acting as of right now is not her thing. I do hope that she works on that because as I said before she does have a voice that should be on stage.

Overall, the Sound of Music Live was entertaining, but not as much as other musicals that have been on TV or at theaters in recent times. We still recommend that you watch it, but keep in mind that we are giving it 3 out of 5 possible stars. That means that “The Sound of Music Live” has more positives than negatives, but the negatives are very noticeable.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario