viernes, 18 de septiembre de 2015

Sinister 2 Review

If you saw the first “Sinister” movie, then chances are that you were looking forward to the sequel. The first movie was a refreshing new horror movie and for the most part we loved it… except for the “monster” in it which is supposed to be the boogie man, but even then we loved it because it really creeped us up.

The second movie is not as good, but that does not mean that it is not worth the admission price. The “Sinister 2” movie has its share of problems, but it still managed to give us a few scares. My personal problem with Sinister 2 is that I was able to figure out the ending after watching about 25% of the movie. We got to the ending and though I did not know how we would get there, the end result was what I predicted.

The other problem that I had with the movie is that it relied way too much on the jump scares. Some of those jump scares you will be able to see from a mile away. The moment that you see a space behind the actors, you know that something will be happening behind them. That could mean that if you see a reflection or enough space by them you and bet something will be jumping out of there, and yes it happens every time.

Now to the good things about Sinister 2. The movie manages to give us a story is believable when it comes to what the family interactions are. You have a mother that is willing to protect her kids against earthly dangers and if you see the movie you will know what I am talking about.

There are somethings that I did not see a connection to the story for like the “confession” or why James Ransone’s character was so into helping the woman and her kids. I see why he wanted to take care of the home, but after that the motivation is not clear; I mean once he sees that there are people living in the house then it would have made sense to tell the mom and get the hell out of there… that is what I would have done, but that would not make for a good movie I guess.

Overall I liked Sinister 2, but just in the pure “entertainment” sense. I am not telling you that the movie is something that you just have to watch, but it is good enough that if you see it you will walk out of the movie theater not sorry that you saw it. What I am saying is that it is not a waste of time and you should watch it… or not.


I give this movie 2 ½ out of 5 stars.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario